3/16/2023 0 Comments
5 Reasons to Dance
Not that you needed a reason to dance, but just in case... here's a couple we've come up with.
1. Dance is great exercise. Honestly, dancers are often in the best shape. You can burn 400-700 calories depending on the dance class. Plus, it improves your overall cardio health.
2. Dance is good for your bones & joints. This pretty much applies to all dance styles. Twerks are hard y'all.
But seriously, it's a weight bearing activity, so it can help increase bone density. And that's especially good for women facing osteoporosis.
3. Dance protects your brain. You've got to put a lot of brainpower into learning a dance combo. That's why dance is a great way to combat depression, anxiety, and memory loss or Alzheimer's et.
In addition, dance makes you happy and your brain loves that. It's the perfect amount of joy to help your brain battle mental illness. Thus, it improves mood and boosts your confidence.
4. Dance improves your coordination. You can trip and fall anywhere but on the dance floor, every move matters and dancers walk like they mean it.
Dance forces you to control your body in different spaces and movements. Naturally improving your posture, poise and grace on the dance floor. You may still trip and stumble everywhere else... LOL.
5. Dance helps you meet new people. Whether you're in a ballroom class or hip-hop class. you're gonna create friendships with the bodies around you. Dancing just helps break the ice and create bonds over everything from choreography to footwear, it's a given. You're all in it together being happy and working on a common goal.
Come dance with us. We are moms, teachers, lawyers, nurses, accountants, college students and baddies that just want to shake our asses and stay fit. We're sure you'll fit right in. Classes are available daily in studio and online. See our schedule for times.
Leave a Reply.
About the Author
Sandi Cano Cauley is a small business owner, fitness instructor, dancer and retired broadcast journalist. She operates Turn Cardio Jam Studio in Richmond, VA (founded in 2015) with goals to mesh dance + fitness and connect others with some of their youth. She is also a 3 x boy mom, a Tejana, a wannabe
3105 W. Moore St.
Richmond Magazine Best & Worst 2022:
Best Place to Take an Adult Dance Class
Copyright 2023 Turn Cardio Jam Studio