5/1/2023 0 Comments
5 Reasons to Lift Weights
What? You thought dance was all we did? Hell nah! We throw ass and throw weights. Save this post for all the reasons why you need to lift:
1. Lifting makes you stronger and if you haven’t heard, strong is the new skinny. We want the shred, but mostly we want to climb stairs and lift kids without calling 9-1-1.
2. It burns fat. And we all put on some fat during the pandemic. Taking it off isn’t gonna happen with cardio alone. Lifting gets to the root of it.
3. Nursing an injury? PT is really rehabbing via strength training. So, lifting helps us heal and prevent new injuries.
4. Look good naked! I mean - if you had a 6-pack and tight buns wouldn’t you take your clothes off
5. Age less! Come on man - have you seen Dwayne @therock Johnson? He’s probably 100 years old but his lifting game has him looking 25! Seriously, working out makes you feel so good and look good it definitely ‘turns’ back the clock.
New to lifting? Or, trying to get into it again? Come see us!
Leave a Reply.
About the Author
Sandi Cano Cauley is a small business owner, fitness instructor, dancer and retired broadcast journalist. She operates Turn Cardio Jam Studio in Richmond, VA (founded in 2015) with goals to mesh dance + fitness and connect others with some of their youth. She is also a 3 x boy mom, a Tejana, a wannabe
3105 W. Moore St.
Richmond Magazine Best & Worst 2022:
Best Place to Take an Adult Dance Class
Copyright 2023 Turn Cardio Jam Studio